The PR & Social Media Starter Kit for Small Businesses
Build a lasting brand, reach your goals, increase revenue, and take your business to the next level
An Online Course Designed for Small Business Owners and Solopreneurs
If you’re here, you’ve likely already started down the path towards building your own business.
- You’ve created an exciting product or service
- You’ve set up your website and social media channels
- You’re ready to reach more customers and increase sales
But you don't know what you need to get the word out and build awareness.
This is where so many small business owners get stuck. You are not alone.
The good news is, success is closer than you think. Did you know that:
- PR and social media are some of the most powerful tools at your disposal
- Crafting an authentic story has the potential to fuel your business growth and success
- A clear, consistent message can capture the attention of your ideal customer, drive sales, and build your brand
And that's where we can help.
The PR & Social Media Starter Kit will teach you exactly what you need to grow your business right now:
1. Learn the fundamental building blocks of PR and social media
2. Cut through the noise and reach your ideal customers with confidence and clarity
3. Take success into your own hands by telling your story
This course combines our 20+ years of experience working across communications, marketing, and brand strategy for startups, corporations, award-winning PR firms, and running our own consulting companies.
The method we teach in this course is our proven method that has helped our clients secure coverage in national media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Good Morning America, Forbes, Fortune, Inc., Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Elle, ELLE Decor, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire, O, The Oprah Magazine, People, Real Simple, Vogue, and Wired, to name a few.
We've helped clients grow from scrappy startups to multi million dollar businesses using the same brand foundation you will build in this course.
When you take our course you will learn our simple 7-step formula that we've used time and time again with hundreds of small business owners to:
- Stand out from the competition and capture attention of media, influencers, and customers
- Speak directly to your ideal customer in a way that builds trust and converts sales
- Create a social media plan that is easy to keep up with and is filled with content ideas that are relatable and helpful to your customers
- Draft key PR materials that are essential to securing press placements and partnerships
- Build a powerful brand foundation that will be your backbone to success for years to come
What People Are Saying
“I’ve been working on growing my art business for the past few years, but when it came to PR/social media I was completely overwhelmed and kept on putting it off. Before this course, I never posted to Instagram or understood why it was so important to have my art online. I learned SO MUCH taking this course. WOW. It all started to really click with the very first lesson about audiences. 2021 is gonna be my year to grow my business!”
Victoria, Artist, Los Angeles, CA
“I completed the course + strategy session and I cannot say enough how much help this was to me and for my small business, kd weave! I now have a fully developed plan for my business to grow and succeed that we crafted to fit my needs. Carla & Kathryn are like your savvy PR teachers, guiding you through each step you need to grow your brand. They are both such experts in this field, and it is such a great value in comparison to the price of hiring a traditional PR firm. I will continue to utilize them as a valuable business partner as my small business continues to grow.”
– Kimberly D., Small Business Founder, Houston, Texas
“I think this is awesome and so, so helpful for brands and founders. Even as someone really familiar with all of this, I found it informative and helpful as I think about how I can help other brands in the future! I liked how short and digestible each lesson is allowing you to do one at a time and really focus on doing it well without it being overwhelming and a 6 hour undertaking that you have to do all at once!”
Kim, Marketing, Los Angeles, CA
The PR & Social Media Starter Kit is for you if:
- Your business or side hustle is growing organically and you want to take it to the next level
- You've bought a domain name, set up a website, started social media handles, but are not sure what to do next
- You have a small social media following but are looking to reach more customers and increase brand awareness
- Most of your customers find you through friends, family or word of mouth
- You have an idea of your target audience but it's more of a hunch
- You have basic messaging in place but are not always consistent in how you describe your business
- You have a general understanding of PR and social media but are not exactly sure how it can help your business
- You are a solopreneur or have a creative business and want expert advice but are not ready to invest in a PR or social media agency yet
What to Expect:
- After purchasing, you have immediate lifetime access to the course and can revisit as needed
- The time commitment is up to you - you can take it at your own pace, whether in one sitting or broken up into lessons
- You'll walk away with the tools you need to grow your business using PR and social media, and if not, you'll get your money back
- Video 1: Welcome to The PR & Social Media Starter Kit
- Video 2: PR & The Media Landscape Today
- Business Goals Worksheet
The All You Need Method 7-Step Formula:
- Step 1 - Find Your Target Audience: You might have a hunch, but it's time to dive deeper so that you can serve your ideal customer
- Video + Target Audience Persona worksheet
- Step 2 - Discover Your Differentiation: There is only one you and knowing what sets you apart will be your secret to success
- Video + 4 worksheets: Founding Story, Core Values, Competitor Analysis, & Points of Differentiation
- Step 3 - How to Build a Messaging Framework: If your ideal customer spent 30 seconds on your website or Instagram page, would they walk away with what you most want to be known for?
- Video, Messaging Framework worksheet, & Messaging Framework template
- Step 4 - Develop Your Tone of Voice & Signature Aesthetic: Give your brand a personality so that your customers feel like they are supporting a person rather than just buying something
- Video + 2 worksheets: Tone of Voice & Signature Aesthetic
- Step 5 - Create Compelling Content: Post content that services your target customer. Think about who you like to follow on social media - brands that are relatable, helpful, & personable
- Video, Compelling Content worksheet, Content Creation Tips Guide
- Step 6 - Communicate Consistently: Get ahead of the game on your social media posts with a monthly content calendar and a plan
- Video, Owned Channels worksheet, Monthly Content Calendar Template
- Step 7 - Prepare for Opportunities with a PR Toolkit: When an editor or potential partner reaches out, you'll be ready to act quickly and secure opportunities
- Video, PR Toolkit worksheet, Image Library Checklist & 4 templates: FAQ, About Page, Bio, Fact Sheet
Congratulations & Closing Thoughts Video: You're ready to take your business to the next level! 🎉
A Note from Carla & Kathryn:
Our mission is simple: to give small business owners, solopreneurs, and startup founders the tools you need to grow your business and build a lasting brand.
We created All You Need Method after 20+ years working across communications, marketing, and brand strategy for startups, corporations, award-winning PR firms, and founding our own consulting companies. What we're most passionate about is helping small business owners like you.
Over the years, we've used our method to help countless small business owners and entrepreneurs reach their goals and build their dream businesses. We have seen this method work over and over again. We are confident that The PR and Social Media Kit will help transform your business. Now, it is up to you to take success into your own hands.
We look forward to working with you!
- Carla M. Nikitaidis and Kathryn Worsham Humphries